Friday, August 26, 2011

Land




Along with the giant house came 5 acres in the middle of a nice little neighborhood in South Kennewick in an area knows as 'Badger Canyon'. I really hope to find a wine grape grower who would like to plant 3 or so acres or specialty wine grapes on the property so I won't have to mow it.

Here are some photos of the back of the house - which looks especially daunting - but the majority of it is taken up by the inside pool. I don't like pools, especially inside ones, but off I go putting in major skylights and rigging up hokey ways to get the humidity out of the room without spending an absolute fortune.

I am selling off my Equity Account that has done absolutely nothing for the past 11 years and continues to go up and down - mostly down. I will need to sell my river house to finish it, which is fine as I certainly don't need 2 houses but it is a bit of a scary market and who knows if it will feel anytime soon. My plan is to totally close it in and finish off the exterior so it is safe from any more deterioration then I will pick away at the inside. It's hard not to want to pick the light fixtures (though I have already bought many - a good subject for another post) and have to constantly stop myself from spending money on things I won't be needing for another year.

No comments:

Post a Comment